Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh how we love fall

I have to admit that I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. Something about watching all of the trees change colors, being able to play outside at the park without cooking to death, all the yummy pumpkin spice smells, the fun of dressing up for Halloween and watching my kids get all hyped on sugar that that makes my heart smile. So, our church put on a ward Halloween party last night where the kids (and some crazy adults! haha I loved it) got all dressed up, had some great deserts, and then all the parents lined up around the church and the kids went around from room to room and all around the building trick or treating getting gobs and gobs of candy! Talon was not sure what to think about just being able to say "trick or treat" and random people would just hand him a piece of candy. He kept looking up at me with this crazed look that said, "Seriously mom, I get to keep ALL of this? This is really ok?" Trying to pry away that Halloween bucket from his little paws that night was nearly impossible! He was so cute, i love this age! Brooklyn and Austin had a blast as well and loved being able to see all of their friends and getting all dressed up.

It was pretty funny because the day before I had asked Ben to pick up some candy at Costco for Halloween, so last night before we were getting ready to leave he was putting the candy in the bucket and of course...he bought the cheapest candy of all. Yes, we were the family handing out the gross red and green mint candies. I said, "Babe, seriously? You seriously bought mints for the candy for tonight?" He replies,"what's wrong with mints?" After explaining that most little kids don't like mints and making him pull out another bag of candy to add to the grose mints, he disagreed and said, "We'll see." After I took the kids around the building I went over to help him pass out the candy. NO JOKE, 3 kids in a row picked up the mints, looked at Ben and said, " I don't like these." Ben just looked at the kid, then looked at me and shook his head. Probably every other kid that came through our line said they didn't like mints and took the tootsie rolls. I was seriously laughing out loud and Ben just sat there with the funniest smile on his face. Oh how I love this man. He hates to admit when he's wrong, but when he does he has a way of doing it that makes me laugh. So yes, now I have a whole bucket full of gross mints for anyone that is interested.

A few days before this, Austin's pre-school class had a fun Halloween party that we got to go to with him. It had a fun corn maze, (that we finally gave up on after a half hour and turned around, found the entrance and continued on.) Fun animals, a fun pumpkin patch, and a huge playground the kids had a blast on. Austin loved having us there. I've been trying really hard with him lately because I feel like he gets looked over a lot these days. With four little kids, Brooklyn being the oldest and getting lots of attention for being the oldest, Talon and Dru being the youngest and just plain requiring a lot of Attention, Austin just kind of goes off and does his own thing. Don't get me wrong, he's SUPER loud, runs around and plays all day long, but when it comes to things like being involved in his school activities, getting loved on, and having one on one time, he acts like he'd be good without all of that...mom knows best though! Sometimes that happens a lot with the middle child so we're working on it!

It's seriously crazy that it's already fall again and Halloween is just in a few short days! I feel like last Halloween was just yesterday! I also can't believe that my baby Dru is almost 4 months old...wow how time flys. He's doing really good, just growing like a little weed! He's now in 6-9 month clothes, sleeping a little better ( we're in the stage now of not eating every other hour but having to go in and put the Binky back in every hour...which is not the funnest event in my life when I'm already getting up at 5 am to run in the mornings. So, we are hopefully going to break this habit as soon as mom gets the nerve to let the little guy cry it out.

I did the unthinkable the other day..signed myself up for a full marathon! After getting begged by a friend to do it with her, and knowing I needed something to start training for I decided to do it. Yes it took me twenty minutes starting at the registration form on the computer telling myself to push the "register" button to complete it..and then I thought, "what the heck did I just do!" It's not til May, so that gives me time, but still...any advice from you crazy runners out there would be great!Anyways, we hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween with your loved ones, eat lots of candy, and enjoy yourselves!

Buzz, Power Ranger, and my Butterfly Princess













Daddy and Brooklyn passing out candy













Brooklyn and her cute little friend Callie













What! All this candy is MINE?!





















Mom!! I'm tired, will you carry me?



















Pretty girl




















K this was my favoirte part of the night..haha!
These are our friends Matt and Aubrey and their
cute little girl Andie. Funny thing is...this was
Matt's idea!! Haha, you would never know
it if you knew they type of guy he is. I
still laugh out loud looking at this pic.





















Pretty dang cute bumblee bee
if you ask me!




















We woke up yesterday morning to snow...sad
i know! The kids were so excited and i knew it would
be melted by the time afternoon came around,
so out they went, PJ's and all!









































My little artist














Austie and mom














Austin and his pre school class. Out of this whole
class Austin and the little boy Graham sitting next
to him are the only little boys..lucky boys!
















Cheese!

















My little pumpkin..kind of a scary looking
pumpkin in this pic..haha
















Boo!














This little guy just chilled in his carseat and was
a dream the whole time...love you baby Dru!













2 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! I love all the pictures! You have the cutest little family ever!

Schwab Family said...

So cute Aubs!I love the new pictures and the kids look adorable in there costumes.I can't believe that Dru is 4 months already.Where does the time go?