Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a very fun and eventful Easter this year and just wanted to share it with all of you! We were lucky enough to have Ben's parents come down for their spring break and spend it with us. We loved having them and we had so much fun! They came Thursday night and stayed until Monday, so it was very fun! Friday morning we took the kids swimming at the Legacy Center which they never get enough of! My kids are like little fish and would live in the water if I let them. Brooklyn and Austin were all over the place! Austin is a little more timid of the water but this time he even went down the big slides, I was so proud of him! For the past year Ben and I have been made it a priority to leave the kids and have a date night on the weekend, so Ben's parents got to join us this time! That night we took them to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then the guys took us to see the new Miley Cyrus movie "The Last Song." It was soooooo cute!

A little sad and definitely a chick flick, but i loved it! We decided after all of the "Lakers/Duke/March Madness" they owed us a chick flick, and it was so fun! The next two days were full of frosting cookies, fun projects that Grandma brought, and watching conference. Saturday night Konda and I took the kids to Cabela's while the guys were at the priesthood session. They LOVED it and were amazed by the aquarium, especially Talon. He's obsessed with "Nemo" right now and pretty much though every fish was Nemo, so he was in heaven!
Then came Easter!! The Easter bunny was very generous this year and spoiled my children!! They woke up around 8am that morning and saw a trail of bunny eggs leading each one of them to their baskets. They each got a basket full of candy, bubbles, a water bottle, and a new swimming suite! Brooklyn and Austin were also super excited to find that he had brought them a scooter! It was way to cold to ride them around that morning so they just rode them around our house all day. That night we went to Ben's Grandma's for a Easter egg dinner and visited with all of the family. Ben's Grandparents backyard is like a theme park. He has a zip line, a basketball court, a huge tube slide that he just built, I could go on and on! My kids love it every time we go there, so they so much fun!

As you can see we had such a fun Easter weekend and had a blast with Ben's parents. I have to quickly add though that not only was all of the activities fun, but Conference was amazing. I always enjoy conference, but this year was different then all of the other times, for me personally. Alot of the talks were on strengthening the family, parenting your children, how to bring the spirit into your home, etc...it really hit home to me. It made me open my eyes and realize that I need to be slow down and enjoy what I have been blessed with. I have three of the most amazing kids (soon to be four!) and sometimes I catch myself going through the day not even knowing what we did together that day because it was so full of cleaning, running errands, nap time, etc... It made me realize that these years are precious and before I know it, they are going to be all grown up and I'm going to wish they were little again. And not only that, but what are they being taught and learning while in my home? What are the feeling about being a part of this family and do they know how much they are loved?

This baby boy that is soon to join us in the next couple of months is most likely going to be my mine and Ben's last little baby. ( And yes, everyone seems to have an opinion about weather 4 is to many or to little, but I have come to the conclusion that we will decide what is good for us and our family and that nobody elses opinion matters...sorry to go off and that little tangent...it's a huge pet peeve of mine as of late.) Anyways, with this decision I have come to understand that I don't want to be one of those crazy mom's who's always yelling at their children and just trying to 'get through the day.' I want to enjoy every moment with them, and since I've really focused on that lately, I have had so much more peace and love in my heart. I want to be able to spend quality time with each one of my kids and show them each how important and special they are to me.

This past weekend is a reminder that our Savior died for us. What more of a way can you show your children that you love them? I want my children to feel that love along with how much their mom and dad love them.We hope you all had wonderful Easter weekend that was full of love and happiness. Thank you to all for being such great examples to me and my family. We love you all!

My little Easter Bunny













The Easter Bunny came!!












Brooklyn seeing her fun things, she was so excited!












Austin was pretty excited, it was cute














My little bunnies with their bunny whistles that
Grandma gave them.













For one of their surprises the Easter Bunny brought
Brooklyn and Austin scooters! They were so
excited, but it was pretty cold outside so they
just rode them around in the house all day.













Austin doessn't QUITE get how to do work it
yet and was getting pretty frusterated. I'm sure
once it gets warmer and he has more room outside
he will be a pro.













"Mom! Look!"














They each got a new swimming suite in their basket,
and for those of you who know my Talon, he's
OBSESSED with Nemo lately. So as soon as he saw
this, he wanted in on and wore it ALL DAY. Even for naps,
it was quite the chore to get him to take it off!





















We were so busy all weekend we forgot to
color Easter eggs, so the kids and I did it
together yesterday..they had a blast!



























I have pretty crafty kids, they love doing things
like this so it's fun to watch them get so into it.














One of the days we even frosted sugar cookies
that I made for them. They turned out quite
beautiful if you can imagin a five and three year
old decorating them!














Saturday night Grandma Fullmer and I took
the kids to Cabela's to see the aquarium. They
LOVED it!! I have to admit, it is pretty cool.















Oh Talon...












Grandma and he kids with all the fish












Talon went CRAZY, I'm pretty sure it was the
highlight of the weekend for him.






























3 comments:

Amy and Kris said...

Sooooo cute! Loved the post! What a cute little family!

Davis Family said...

Aubs, I felt the same way after conference! It was soooo good and just what I needed. You are a great mommy. Your kids are so lucky! My fav pictures are of the easter masks and Brooklyn already in her swimsuit and Talon glaring at the camera....so funny.

Jenn said...

Such cute pictures! You guys are such a sweet little family! I'm glad you had a great family holiday!