So, last night my 19 month old son gave me yet another heart attack! Yesterday was kind of a crazy day to start out with and ended up being crazy! I did an extra day of daycare yesterday for a lady until 3 so that alone made it kind of insane, but on top of that, Brooklyn has had a pretty bad cold the past few days. I took her into the doc and come to find our her and Austin have croup. They gave me a steroid medication for them both,picked up the prescription at the store with a few other things, then came home and made dinner for a neighbor in need. Ben had to work late so I started fed the kids some dinner, put them in the tub and started getting them ready for baths. I got Talon out first, got him all ready and then got Brooklyn and Austin out and started getting them ready for bed. In the meantime I realize that Talon is being very quite and I have no idea what he's up to. So after a few minutes I start walking around looking for him, and low and behold, he has climbed up on the toilet, onto the counter and is sitting in my bathroom sink...DRINKING A BOTTLE OF BENADRYL!!! I of course freaked out, called poison control, and based off of his weight and how much he drank( um yea...HALF OF THE BOTTLE!) they told me to take him straight to the ER. They called my pediatrician which told me the same thing and called the hospital to let them know I was coming. Ben got home just in time so I just took him down there, and I kid you not, the kid was out of control. SUPER SUPER LOOPY!! Like spinning around in circles and landing on the floor laughing hysterically, running up to random people and laughing at them, hitting them (for those of you who don't know Talon, he's super shy so this is so not like him.) pulling all of the cords out of the machines, etc... the nurses were getting a kick out of him while I chased him around for two hours.
He ended up being fine, they just monitored him for two hours and checked his vitals every twenty minutes. Come to find out, i guess it's really hard to overdose on Benadryl unless you have some crazy heart condition or something. So we pretty much just spent $200 being monitored while we sat in a crazy ER room with a whole bunch of sick people coming and hacking all over us or having some weird influenza thing.
I'm so happy he's ok, and boy did he scare me! And for all of those judgemental people who are wondering what kind of mom I am by letting my child get ahold of Benadryl...my kids have had really bad colds lately so to help them breathe better my doc told me to give them a little bit of Benadryl before bed to help with their congestion. I left it up in my bathroom, but made sure the lid was on tight and pushed it back all the way against my mirror, not thinking my son would climb up there because he's usually not a climber. Guess he proved me wrong...and whatever "childproof lid!!"
Just glad you're ok my curious child! Talon, no more meds k baby. I love you sweetheart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness I am glad he is ok that is scary.
That's so crazy. I'm glad he's ok, but it would have been really funny to see him acting so silly! No judgments here, it could happen to anyone! I have a climber, so I know! Nothing is childproof or off limits to the little guys! Drake has climbed onto a stool, then onto my kitchen counter, to reach my purse on top of my fridge to eat two packages of gum all at once before I got to him! Crazy, busy boys! We just gotta love them!
Wow! I am so sorry you had to go through that! Poor Talon! I hope your kids get feeling better too. We love you guys be safe and take care. We'll see you in a month and a half! Thanks for the b-day call to Jimmy we had a great day! We love ya!
Post a Comment