Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quick Update!

I just wanted to hurry and post some new pics that I finally downloaded on my camera! I haven't put any on from my trip home or from Easter so just wanted to show off my cute kids! A couple of weeks ago I was missing my family and found out that my little sister Kyli happened to have two track meets that same week. SOOO, being the independent venturous person I am, I packed up me and the three kids and drove the long 7 hour drive to Boise Idaho! (It should only take 5-6 hours but we always have to stop twice so it takes longer!) Anyways, the kids were great, they are kind of used to it because I got home pretty often by myself with them because when I go I want to stay for a whole week and Ben can't take off a week of work obviously. Anyways, I am blessed with patient easily entertained children that love their Grandma and Grandpa's house so it was really good. It was a very fun and eventful week. We went to two of Kyli's track meet, WHICH, I have to hurry and brag about my awesome little sis! Not only is Kyli a freshman on the Varsity track team, but she's kicking butt in all of her races and it's so much fun to watch her. She did AMAZING while we were there so it was so worth the trip.


We came back home in time to spend Easter with Ben. It was good but pretty low key. Our ward had a Easter egg hunt Saturday morning, and yes, we were about 30 seconds late and almost missed the whole thing. Ben ran Brooklyn and Austin over to the field and by the time I got Talon out of the car it was over! But they LOVED it anyways. It of course was raining so went into the gym to have the Easter pancakes...as you can imagine it was PACKED and a little crazy. So we fed the kids an headed home! Easter morning was cute. The Easter bunny of course left a trail of chocolate eggs leading from their bedroom door to each of their Easter baskets. They each got a new swimming suite, some fun sand toys, and of course lots of candy in their Easter basket. They now LOVE the Easter bunny and keep asking when he's coming back. Anyways, it was a very fun holiday and kind of nice to be able to just spend it my little family. Hope you all enjoyed yours and are enjoying the wonderful spring weather ahead!

Kyli in action right before her 100m race...it make me nervous just looking at this picture (2nd from the left in the navy blue)

The meet was at BSU so this was her first time competing there, she did awesome!




Kyli and her 4x1 team, they did great!

Hanging out with Grandpa at Kyli's track meet!




Loves from Grandma


Talon camping out in his car seat at Kyli's track meet...it was so cold!

Loves from Grandpa...he's in the middle of sticking his tongue out at me...such a personality my little Austin



I know, I get all of the time how much my mom and I look alike, so thought I'd get a close up!



Taucia was home for her last week before she left for college while I was there too, so it was tons of fun to be able to spend some time with her as well!





The kids loved dying Easter eggs




Austin didn't know what to think about it at first, but he got the hang of it pretty quick.


Blue of course, everything is blue!


My smiley little Talon, always so happy and lights up a room with that little grin















2 comments:

Amy and Kris said...

OH my gosh Talon is seriously my fav!!!! He is the cutest little boy!!! I love all the rolls & chubbiness!!!

The Shaffer's said...

Ok...I know I am stating the obvious but you children are adorable! That is the cutest pic of Talon! I would love for you to come and visit. We do have a guest room and you are more than welcome to use it whenever you would like for as long as you would like. Doesn't watching Kyli make you a little...oh, I don't know, crazed! I can't believe it was that long ago. People, High school kids think we are old. Any hoo, definately call me and we will make some plans. Love ya!